Teacher Assistant- Classroom Floater Position
The Oak Park River Forest Day Nursery (The Day Nursery) is a not-for-profit early childhood organization located at 1139 Randolph St, in Oak Park, Illinois. The mission is to provide exceptional early childhood education in an environment that welcomes all children, enhancing individual strengths, and fostering the academic, social-emotional, and physical development that leads to school readiness. The Day Nursery is part of only 10% of all child care programs that is nationally accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). The Day Nursery is licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. Please visit the website https://thedaynursery.org for more information about the values, curriculum, and philosophy of our high-quality program.
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Teacher Assistant-Classroom Floater is responsible for the care and education of children as a member of the teaching team in a supportive role. The Teacher Assistant-Classroom Floater supports the implementation of the program’s curriculum. The Teacher Assistant- Floater will act on behalf of a teaching team member in their absence, as requested.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Meet the Illinois DCFS Teacher requirements as outlined in Child Care Licensing Standards Section 407.150.
- Possess an Illinois Paraprofessional Educator
- Possess an Illinois Gateways ECE Credential Level 1 or higher.
- Be able to lift children up to 50 lbs. if necessary.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR Certification (or obtain within first 30 days of hire).
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Certified Childhood Development Associate (CDA), Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Related field with 18 semester hours of college coursework in early childhood education.
- Three to five years of early childhood teaching experience.
Salary: $29,000 - $36,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time; an 8-hour shift during operating hours of 7am to 6pm.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision health care and life insurance; vacation, sick time and PTO. Available 403b, hospital, and disability insurance.
The Day Nursery is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. The Day Nursery complies with the federal and state laws and regulations regarding EEO, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA). Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact Michelle Arnold, President of the Board. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume and 3 professional references attention: Kira Smith, [email protected], or mail 1139 Randolph St, Oak Park, IL 60302. Direct any questions to Vicki Gregor, [email protected].