We recently spoke about the importance in Early Childhood Development. This is why at this time of year we ask you to donate to The Day Nursery on #GivingTuesday with a donation at #ILGive November 29, 2016. Please consider supporting our mission to Unlock The Potential.
Other facts proving the value of quality early childhood programs:
- When a child enters kindergarten ready for school, there is an 82% chance the child will master basic skills by age 11; that chance decreases to 45% if the child is not school ready. Research shows the child’s chances of making up that deficit are slim.
- Superior learning takes place when classroom experiences are relevant to students’ lives, interests, and experiences.
- High-quality early education is essential to narrow the achievement gap. Across multiple studies over multiple years, early childhood education has been shown to nearly half the black-white difference in the kindergarten achievement gap.
- Children who enter kindergarten with strong social-emotional skills experience significantly improved outcomes in education, employment, criminal activity, substance use, and mental health.
- The ability to self-regulate thoughts, emotions and behavior increases success in school, work, and life.
- Children who enter school with basic knowledge of math and reading are more likely than their peers to experience later academic success.
- Early access to STEM competencies (collaboration, cause and effect, exploration and discovery) has been proven to lead to a greater comfort with STEM in grade school.
Thank you for your support to #GivingTuesday and #ILGive